Saturday, April 16, 2016

Coming soon to a theater near you!

I've been looking forward to this for a long time, and I can finally say that Out of Print is getting a theatrical and VOD release!



I shot this documentary about how the digital theatrical experience is destroying the future of revival cinema. We talked to so many amazing filmmakers like Joe Dante, Mark Romanek, Rian Johnson, Kevin Smith, Edgar Wright... the list goes on. Really tremendous artists who love revival cinema, and love the New Beverly (the theater we focused on).

My goal was to match the visual style of each interview to that of the subject we were talking to. So, Edgar Wright got a very intense, stylized look in his interview. Stuart Gordon had a spooky tone to his, etc. What's funny was the unintentional "starfield" look we gave Rian Johnson, not knowing that he'd be picked to write and direct Star Wars three years later!

Anyway, I'm very excited about this project finally getting a release! It's been a long time coming and I can't wait to share it with the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment